Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Return of the Karate Kid

After a four-year hiatus, the Karate Kid has returned. I went to see my Sensei today and told him I wanted to come back to the dojo. So I start again tomorrow! Technically, I'm a second-degree brown belt, but I don't remember a lot of stuff. Once I get going again it should all start coming back.

I'm very excited to return. I love karate. I really think it helped shape me a lot as a person. I started when I was seven and stopped when I was thirteen. It helped with everything. Confidence, coordination, people skills...I always meant to go back, I don't have any excuse as to why I didn't. I had time. That doesn't matter too much now. All that matters is that I did go back. It's really a great thing to know. Also, if I ever get mugged, I can defend myself.

Sensei hasn't changed at all. He still looks like Mr. Curit. They could be brothers. I'll post pictures later. I'm gonna go now. I hope Devan gets here soon.

No comments: