Saturday, May 3, 2008

Prom and Other Things

I'm still finding it hard to believe that prom is tonight. It's so weird..I remember my sister going to prom when I was a freshman and it seemed so far away, and now I'm going to prom. Crazy! Gah, it's so weird to me. It should be a lot of fun though, even if there is a part of me that doesn't want me to go. Luckily the majority of me does, and in my world majority rules.

I was at Bob's yesterday for five and a half hours. We had a lot to catch up on. I love that man, I really do. He's the best. It's gonna be very hard/weird when I'm at Berklee and I don't see him every Monday...I'm telling you, I'm gonna go nuts hahah! Honestly, the entire time I was in Europe it was either 'I miss my guitar' or 'I miss Bob.' Except when I'm at Berklee I'll have my guitar. So it won't be as bad, and like he said, he's an email or a phone call away if I ever need him. It's good to have someone like that that is not one of your parents. It'll still be weird.

I'm trying to be productive, but then YouTube started working again, and my production train basically crashed..After this I'll be productive, otherwise my mom might be a bit upset.

So I think 'Forever Young' by Rod Stewart will be my class ode. It's perfect. It really is. It's easy to play, it's easy to sing, all the parents will know it, and the lyrics are great. It's definitely better than '100 Years' by Five for Fighting. I have a few other songs in mind ('Never Say Goodbye' by Bon Jovi, 'The Middle' by Jimmy Eat World, and 'Baba O'Riley' by the Who), but 'Forever Young' is by far the best out of those. I don't know if I'll find a better song for this situation.

Okay, I should go be productive now.

No comments: