Monday, May 19, 2008

Music Madness

To add to the greatness of this year/summer, I'm now going to see Alicia Keys and Bon Jovi!!! So that's five great shows this summer. Five shows with a side of two Red Sox-Yankees game topped with two weeks in Europe and for dessert--Berklee! I don't know how much better it can get. Oh yeah, and Dale's coming up for at least a week.

I've been playing a lot of guitar lately. I learned several jazz tunes, and transcribed the solo from 'Sunshine of Your Love' today. I didn't have a lesson because of Honors Convocation (explained in paragraph 4) and Bob had to leave at 6, and so would I had I had my lesson. And that's no fun. He emailed me saying that if I wanted more hang time to come later in the week. So of course I'm gonna go later in the week. One hour is not enough time. We usually talk for at least two hours, and play guitar for two hours, and then talk a little bit more. My lessons are any where between one and five hours. And I love it.

I only have 12 days of high school left. 12 days, and then I'm done. After four (long) years. I was done with high school my sophomore year. I've known what I wanted since I was 13 or 14. High school was just..a complete waste of time in the end. If it was optional, I would've opted out. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. I was indifferent about it, I guess. At least I had my guitar throughout those years. That definitely helped make the time go by.

Speaking of high school, tonight is the Honors Convocation. It's a dinner/award ceremony for seniors graduating Cum Laude or higher, and the juniors in NHS go as well. It should be fun. I have a cute dress, and most of my friends will be there. My best friends are, anyway. I hope I get an award. If I could pick, I'd go with Social Studies or French. I won't get the Music one because I'm not in band.

My right calf really hurts, and I'm gonna go get ready now. Then play guitar a little more, then leave.

No comments: