Sunday, May 11, 2008

Steve Winwood

So today Steve Winwood was on the 'Today Show' again. I actually said, 'The 'Today Show' is a rerun!' My mom said, 'Amy, it can't be a rerun it's called the 'Today Show.' I said, 'Oh, then Steve Winwood is playing at it again today..interesting. Hey, I use that lick, and that lick, and I do that, too!' My solos sound a lot like Steve Winwood's--which I think is a good thing. Steve Winwood is an awesome guitarist/musician. He can play anything really. I thought it was cool that I sound like him. The weird part is that I never really listen to him. I've watched him plat at Crossroads a few times, and I have 'Dear Mr. Fantasy'. I bought his latest album ('Nine Lives') today. It's killer.

I guess I just think like Steve Winwood thinks. Part of it is the Eric Clapton thing. They're basically best friends, and I have used too many Clapton licks to count.

I just thuoght you might like to know that. I was quite fascinated/impressed.

Do yourselves a favor and go buy his new album. I'm probably going to learn the whole thing this week.

No comments: