Friday, May 9, 2008

Three

In today's entry, we will be going over three things:

1. The Coffee House (or as Alex and I call it Chez-Cafe)
2. Computer Blues
3. Senioritis (or my lack of it)

So let's start with the coffee house. All in all, it was a success. A lot of people backed out last minute, but it was still wicked fun. I went from playing 12 songs to playing 4 songs, but hey, things happen. I jammed on 'I Shot The Sheriff' for a bit. Then I played 'Blinded by the Light' followed by my own song called 'Sleepless In The City.' The vocals weren't loud enough, but I was told my guitar-work made up for it. Matt and I played 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps.' That was incredibly fun. I soloed the whooooole time.

I guess I'm better than I think I am at guitar. The problem is that I hear what I play all the time, so it sounds so old and sometimes boring. Then I get feedback and find out that I sound pretty good. I can't wait to be able to play out all the time. I don't have a lot of options around here, but Boston's a whole different ballgame. The next few years are going to be wonderfully musical for me. And I can't wait.


You might think 'Computer Blues' is a bit weird, but if you ever happened to use my computer, you would understand why I have computer blues. My computer is approaching eight years old, and it gets slower every second. It's overloaded, and it's got a lot of glitches now. It's been cleaned out twice, and it didn't even make a difference. It's a sad sight. I hate my computer. My dad and I went computer shopping today, but no one helped us at Best Buy so we left. I said, 'We should just get a Mac. They're better,' and my dad said, 'I know they are.' That is a HUGE step in my quest to get a Mac as our home computer. My dad has been anti-Mac for as long as I can remember. It would be absolutely amazing if we got a Mac. I would probably cry tears of joy.


Senioritis is breathing down my neck. I can feel it. It's waiting to pounce on me. I have surprisingly escaped Senioritis this year. I think I'm one of the few. I've done just as much work as I did in my first three years of high school. I don't think I have it in me to not do the work. As Kanye West said, "For me, giving up is way harder than trying." I'm in the same boat as Kanye in that way. Actually I am in the same boat in a lot of ways, but I'm not any where to close to his level of arrogance. But yeah, Senioritis is calling my name. I can hear it, but I don't turn around to look him in the eyes. I do the work. I haven't skipped a day of school. I haven't even skipped a block without permission.

I have to much of a conscience to succumb to Senioritis. I'm not gonna let it get me. It's too late now. I have like..15 days of school left. The work is winding down. And I could slack off. Grades closed in the third quarter for seniors. My 5.218 or whatever it is GPA is safe. I don't think Berklee would give me the boot if I got three As and one B.


I have to go. Stuff to do..I think I'll go for a run--right after a round of Text Twirl .

No comments: