Sunday, May 25, 2008

Seas Would Rise When I Gave The Word

I love long weekends. And you know what makes them even better? When you have a guitar lesson on Friday and then again on Monday. Due to HonCon, I had to reschedule to an unknown day later in the week, and said day happened to be Friday. I love it when that happens.

I worked this weekend. For the first time in 36 days, I worked. Friday, Saturday, and today (Sunday). I don't mind work, I just bitch about it when I'm not there. Once I get there I'm fine, it's getting there that's hard. I love the people, hate that I come home smelling like a pizza.

So tonight I could've gone to a bonfire at the beach with my friends, but I chose to be a recluse and stay home and play guitar. Nothing against bonfires or my friends. I love them both, I've just been extremely compelled to play guitar these days. My 12-year-old neighbor was here today while I was playing guitar, and he asked, 'Is this what you do all day?' And I said, 'Basically, yeah.' And lately that has definitely been true. I can't help it. I can't explain how it makes me feel, but it's something else. I love every second of it. Every single second. If I could play in my sleep, I would.

I've been obsessed with two things lately: Cream and Coldplay's new song 'Viva la Vida'. I've listened to 'Viva la Vida' more times than I can count, and Cream is unbelievable. Eric Clapton has always been my favorite guitarist but something happened a few days ago and Cream has become the center of my attention. Eric Clapton speaks to me like no other guitarist. There's a reason for the 'Clapton is God' graffiti. Hendrix is a god, too, but there's something in Clapton's playing that gets me. I'm not gonna try to explain it because I can't.

Alright, it's guitar time, and I just received a text from someone telling me where the fire is. Ha.

No comments: