Friday, July 18, 2008

The Who




Sometimes I forget how much I love a band or an artist. Up until about a week ago I had forgotten how much I love the Who. I really love the Who. So much so that I'm posting twice in one day. That is a rarity, and shows how much I love the Who. Did I say I love the Who? There is a good story in this, I swear. Just wait. And read.

In the past week, VH1 reminded me of how much I love the Who because this year their "rock honors" went to the Who. And last night was the actual concert and the Who played and my mom and I watched and sang and danced like fools. She was saying how she would go back "in a heart beat." We saw them in 2006, and it was the best concert ever. And if not, it definitely rivals Billy Joel. The two concerts were so different, as was the artist..So those two concerts were the best I've ever been to. Anyway, keep going, it gets good.

I've been on a cleaning binge these days. My car is spotless, my room is spotless, my basement is organized, and my virtual stuff is also clean/organized. While I was going through my old Yahoo! email account, and I don't really pay attention to anything but where the message came from. I had over 900 messages, most from Facebook, but there was one from the Who's website and the subject line was, 'The Who announce US Tour dates!' so I immediately clicked on it. And it was like fate. The show is on Friday October 24th. I'll already be in Boston, so my mom can just come down and if her friend Beverly comes with us, she can stay over there and the two can come spend Saturday with me if they want if my schedule (and theirs) permits.

See, the Who and I go back. My now famous sign debuted at the Who, and it's like I'm getting a second-chance. It couldn't be any more perfect. The tickets go on sale August 11th. I'll be in Europe, not cool, right? Wrong. I'll have the Macbook Pro at my side, and nothing can stop me from getting those tickets.

No comments: