Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Variety Hour

I couldn't think of a title for this one because there is so much to cover.

I got contacts. See, I used to wear glasses. I had them for seven years. Then my eye doctor told me that if I didn't want to wear them, I didn't have to. So I didn't. I had braces at the time, and I really didn't want both. So I opted out of glasses.
Then recently I began to notice that my left eye was (and always has been/always will be) significantly weaker than my right eye. So I went to the eye doctor's and got contacts. And they were a lot harder to put in than I thought they would be. I can put them in fine now, but it took three people to put them in the first day. I have incredible blink-reflexes (and just good reflexes in general). When I see something coming at my eyes my immediate reaction is to shut them--like most people. If you've ever tried to put eye-liner on me, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I have to go back next Thursday to make sure the prescription is right. We've been having problems with that. First it was too weak, and gave me a wicked headache. And it's possible it may be too strong now. We'll see.

Moving on.

I had a skimboarding competition Sunday. I was the only girl, so I automatically won in my division. I got a cool sweatshirt and some stickers. There's another one at the end of the month, and I'm definitely entering it. It'll be at Biddeford Pool, my home field. The one on Sunday was at Old Orchard Beach at high tide, and it was bad. Luckily I was the only girl because I did horrible. Sunday was also the day of Wimbledon which I will not talk about.

I had a "lesson" Monday. It wasn't really a lesson at all. Bob and I just sat there and talked, and then my mom and Dale came over because Dale wanted to meet Bob. So to make her happy, I let her meet Bob. She picked a good day to meet him because we didn't do anything with guitar. It was more like, "What do you want to do?" "I don't know..What do you think we should do?" "I don't know..It's hot." My mom and Dale showed up around quarter of five. So Bob gave us the Grand Tour (I was the veteran of the group), and Dale was happy. Then we did our favorite thing (aside form music)--we talked..conversed sounds better. I love my guitar lessons. I love seeing Bob. It's the best part of my week. I love my other friends more than I could say, but they can't play guitar. And we all know how much I love guitar.

I don't feel like talking about my horrible mini-golf round. I played so bad. We went last night (My mom, Dale, myself, Danielle, Alyssa, and Lyn), and after a certain point I just stopped trying because I played so bad. Alyssa won.

Today I went to the beach. It was beautiful. Dale and I went in the water, and then I was so tired from waking up at 7:45 to go to the eye doctor's for the third time this week, I fell asleep. I never take naps, and I never nap at the beach. But the sun was just right and I was so tired that I just dozed off. I had planned on reading, but that didn't happen. I'm still tired now. My mom said she's never seen a generation as tired as mine. So many of my friends nap all the time, it's crazy. I never nap. I hate naps, once I'm up, I'm up. Let me go full speed ahead until 11ish or later, and then I'll sleep like a baby. Which I will do tonight I'm sure.

It looks like we're ordering my mom's Mac tomorrow. My dad is still anti-Mac. Once he tries this, he won't want to go back to PCs. Macs don't break. They're much more use-friendly. And they're more fun. And I'm all about fun. They might be a bit more money, but they're worth it in the end (because they don't break).

The other day I figured out a way to record and have both the guitar and the vocals sound decent. The actual quality of the recording is still bad, but it's better than nothing for now. But you can't get very good quality with a computer microphone that cost sixteen dollars. If I don't get the Mac, then I'll go out and get a 4-track and a good microphone. Either way, I'll get a good microphone. But the Mac has an infinite-track recorder with Garage Band.

I think I'm coming down with a cold. I better be over it by Saturday (John Mayer!!). Speaking of JM, I gotta call Matt and figure out what time we're gonna leave.

My hand hurts. I'm gonna go now.

No comments: