Friday, July 18, 2008

Things In My Life That Are Bad-Ass

I do not think of myself as bad-ass, but here are some things in my life that I consider to be bad-ass. In no particular order (except for Natalia and Kedzie, they are the most bad-ass things in my life. They are Number One (that's for you, Kedzie)):

--Natalia and Kedzie. Julia went to a conference in Washington DC this past March and befriended some of the coolest, nicest, and most talented kids I've ever met. Natalia hails from Nebraska, and she's probably the coolest girl I know. I've only known her for like three days, and I already love the girl. She's amazing. Why does she have to live in Nebraska? Just come and stay here. It's too bad she's not going to be in Boston this fall. I hope she transfers out there. It would make college that much better.
Kedzie is wicked awesome. His name alone is awesome. He's one of the most genuine people I've ever met. He's so sweet and innocent (haha). He means what he says. I met him earlier this year because he's an amazing runner, and the New England Championship Track Meet was held at Thornton Academy. So Julia and I went to go watch him run. He's going to BU this fall so we will definitely be hanging out.


--My dad's sudden..I don't even know what. I have no idea what came over him a few days ago, but we went from getting a Macbook Pro, to not getting a Mac at all, to getting a
regular Macbook, to not getting a Mac at all, and now we're getting a Macbook Pro. It will be here by July 25th. Basically I get to use it until I get my own at Berklee, and then Steph will get the one we got, and he'll take her laptop. I love it. I can't wait for it. I was gonna let the whole idea of getting a Mac go, and then my dad said we'll get a Macbook Pro and I didn't say no. The Macbook Pro is also bad-ass.

--My new guitar case. My new guitar case is probably the most bad-ass thing ever. Look at this:





It's made by a company called MONO. I found it because of Gmail. You know how they have those little links above your inbox? Well, that one happened to catch my eye. So I clicked on it and immediately knew I had to have that case. I really needed a new case. Mine has seen it's better days. I can barely zip it sometimes. This case is basically indestructible. Which is exactly what I need. It's jet black, and it's waterproof. I could literally wear it in the shower and Big Red or USA would be fine.

--My mom. Just in general. Liz is bas-ass. She just is. I don't need to explain it because if you know her, you know she is. And if you don't know her, you're definitely missing out. She's the best.

--The Red Sox/JD Drew. The Red Sox are currently in first place and will hopefully stay in first place until the last day of the season. I'm going to two games (July 25th and July 26th) next week, and that's my birthday present. I'm wicked excited to go to those games because they aren't normal games--they're against the Yankees.
JD Drew is bad-ass because not only has he had an AMAZING season so far, he was the All-Star Game MVP, and rightfully so. No one gives him enough credit. I said it last year: he'll come in big in the playoffs and be amazing in 2008. Well, so far I'm right. Even Mr. Curit admitted that JD is playing great ball (because he is).

--Turning 18. I better just embrace it. I still think it's weird, but now I can VOTE! It's not even a question: Barack Obama has my vote. He's had my vote all along. I remember watching him on TV the day he announced he was running for President, and right then I knew that I would vote for him.

--My eye doctor (and the office staff). Yes, my eye doctor. She is the shit. I've been to the eye doctor's like..eight times this month, and I really don't mind (I actually enjoy it) because she's so cool. We still haven't figured out my prescription yet. I'm going back next week..For (roughly) the ninth time this month. It's going to be strange not going after we figured out what I need.

--All the concerts I've been to. Actually, this piggy-backs my mom's bad-assness. I've seen so many great artists this year and if my mom didn't like concerts, I wouldn't have been to half as many.

--My family. My whole family is awesome.

--My friends. I have the best friends anyone could ask for.

--Berklee. Berklee is going to be amazing. It's right around the corner! I can't wait. I really can't. Well, actually the only thing that makes me sad about going to Berklee is below. And most of you know what it is already.

--Bob. I don't think I would ever describe Bob as bad-ass to someone, but right now he can be. Without Bob, I wouldn't even be going to Berklee. The saddest part about going to Berklee isn't leaving my best friends (half of them will be in Boston/the Boston area anyway, except Drew and Jordan), it's knowing that I won't see Bob on a weekly basis. That is the only drawback to going, but I have to go. He knows it, I know it, the world knows it. The first person I plan on seeing when I get home is Bob. Definitely Bob. I'll get home, and probably immediately call him up.

So yeah, I'm sure there are a few things I forgot to mention, but I got the bulk of them covered.

No comments: