Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mick Jagger vs. Jon Bon Jovi





I went to see Bon Jovi this past Thursday, and it was by far the most high-energy show I'd ever been to. Now had I been down in a Loge at the Stones..Might be a different story, but since I wasn't, Bon Jovi wins. Either way, one thing I noticed (and always have really) is that Jon really wants to be Mick Jagger (who wouldn't?). It was really evident in his (incredible) live performance. He's not as spastic as Mick is, but he's got the presence and the moves down pat. And while Mick Jagger oozes with sex appeal, Jon is a better looking guy. He is very nice to look at for two hours.

From the expressions to the movements to the energy. Jon wants to be Mick. I can't blame him. Mick puts on a damn good show. As does Jon.

Some more pictures as evidence:






Now I must say that I too have used many of Mick Jagger's facial expressions and I play the Rolling Stones as loud as I can and strut, move, dance (whatever you want to call it) around my house like Mick does on stage. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if someday Jon himself said, 'You know, I learned how to perform by watching Mick Jagger. And back in the day, I used to blast 'Satisfaction' and strut around my house like I was Mick.'

There's no one better to learn from.

No comments: