Sunday, July 6, 2008

Roger Federer




Roger Federer is my favorite athlete. I like him more than any baseball player--even more than any Red Sox players. He's like the Eric Clapton of tennis. He's just that good. And he's that good (almost) every match. Yes, I know he lost to Nadal today, but give the man some credit! He was down two sets, came back and won the next two seven games to six. And Nadal had TWO Championship Points in those two sets. He came back from a 15-40 situation to make the last set go to a grand total of 16 games. SIXTEEN GAMES! In ONE set! That is a ridiculous amount of games. I don't think I've played 16 games of tennis in my life, never mind in one set. Roger Federer may not be ranked Number One in the world any more, but he still has numerous records, and he won Wimbledon five years in a row. However, he is still Number One in my sports-loving heart.

He also has a really cool logo/hat. I want one.


No comments: