Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Procrastination

I'm not one to procrastinate, but I really don't feel like doing my homework or studying for my harmony quiz tomorrow. I could play my guitar, but it's all ready to go. Snug in its case. Big Red does not want to be disturbed right now.

So here I am blogging while my book is open on the story I should be reading. I have so much to do, and yet I clack away on the keyboard. I'm hanging in the blogosphere--aka procrastinating--when I should be doing many other things. Like what? Well, here's a list (more procrastination):

1. My homework. For some reason my college writing homework never ends. Ellen (my teacher) is awesome, but cut us some slack! As much as I like literature, I'd like to have a life, too. Lately it has been tough.

2. Play guitar. I do go to music school. Sooo, yeah. I'll leave it at that.

3. Apartment/Roommate hunting. Here at the Berk, off-campus housing is not only cheaper but recommended. I need to get on the stick. I found a bunch of places, I just need to go check them out. And find a roomie.

4. Finish a song. I started a song back home and I really need to finish it.

5. Declare my major. I've known I wanted to be a Music Business/Management major since I was 15. Three years later and one and a half semesters in at Berklee and I have yet to declare. What the hell, Amy. What. The. Hell.

6. Swing by Student Employment. A little on-campus part-time job with very flexible hours would be a good way to get some extra cash. I gotta pay for Red Sox tickets some how!

7. Go the the gym/Go for a run. I ate ice cream today. Not good. I even feel a little nauseous. No more ice cream from the cafeteria. NO MORE.

8. Do my other homework. Ellen, please remember that we have more than just your class to worry about. I have Arranging and Legal Aspects homework to take care of. And Songwriting. Gaaaah!

9. Organize my room. Not so much my room. It is pretty clean. My clothes are just shoved into the dresser.

10. Hit up CVS. I need a few odds and ends.

11. Go to the library. There are a few Eric Clapton transcription books that have my name all over them.

Wow, I had even more to do than I thought I did. I'm going to go and try and take care of them now.

Wish me luck!

No comments: