Monday, February 23, 2009

Lists

I like to make lists. I like to accomplish things. I made a small list of things to do today. So far I'm batting .000 (spring training starts soon, what do you expect?). I tried to buy the books I needed for class, but the bookstore was sold out AGAIN. Then I was gonna go declare my major, but it's like a tornado outside and I didn't feel like walking down to the Fenway building. I haven't practiced yet. I've been working on getting an apartment for next year, so I'm working on getting that sorted out. Then I just have to organize my room a bit, which I will probably do while watching the Jack Bauer Power Hour also know as 24.

By the end of the day I will be 2 for 5, batting at .200--maybe 3 for 5. If that was a Red Sox player's stat for a game, it would probably be J.D. Drew having a good day while going through a slump sometime in July. Katie Lannan, please weigh in on this.

So I'm going to make up for today's bad day at the plate with tomorrow. I know the day isn't done yet, but I am not going back outside if I don't have to. The biggest bonus about staying in the dorms is the convenience factor.

I will blog again tomorrow, and by that time I will be a declared business major that has mastered Forever Man and has an organized room. I'll have even worked on some Ear Training, finished my Harmony homework (if I have any), gone to the gym, done some reading, finished my Arranging homework, and might even have a song written.

Today was good, tomorrow will be great. Why be good if you can be great? To quote Paul Anka, good is the enemy of great.

1 comment:

katielann said...

Weighing in:

Well, it's certainly not Big Papi. But nor is it old-school Manny Being Manny and taking the night off because he doesn't feel like playing. I like the JD Drew analogy, seems pretty spot-on to me.

But then again, Amy Mantis + Red Sox anything = epic win.

And also, I like how there's a specific tag in my honor on your blog ;)