Saturday, February 7, 2009

Priorities

Everyone has priorities, and we're always sorting them out. At least I am. I am constantly organizing my life. Here is my current list of priorities (excluding my social life. That's probably number one):

1. My College Writing homework. I have a buttload of homework for that class right now. I have an essay and two observations due Monday, and I'm going to be an over-achiever and get my stuff that's due Wednesday and Friday done before the weekend is over. It is possible. I am sacrificing my social life, but one weekend isn't gonna kill me.

2. Ear Training. I have a quiz this week. I've been good with getting my work done, so that won't be a problem. I have tonight and tomorrow to prepare for the dictation part of the quiz on Monday, and I have until Wednesday to prepare for the singing part of the quiz. That shouldn't be a problem.

3. Playing guitar and writing songs. I have to write a song with my B string tuned down to A for my lab. That's easier said than done. I was like, 'Oh, no problem...Oh wait, that sounds AWFUL.' So yeah, there's that. I also have to work on stuff for my private lesson. Not to mention, I try to write as many songs as I can. I'm always thinking of lyrics, and when I have my guitar, I'm constantly looking for riffs and hooks and chord progressions that resonate with me.

4. Jamming. I love to jam, everyone here does. I would love to live in an ensemble room and just jam for like..a week straight. No class, no worries, just music.

5. Staying healthy. It's hard to do in college. The food selections here aren't exactly the most nutritious. Knock on wood, I haven't been sick once all year. Basically everyone of my friends has been sick at least once. I try to get at least six hours of sleep a night (easier said than done), and workout fairly regularly. I renewed my gym membership, and I have winter running gear. So I've been trying to keep up with that.


I'm sure there are many more things I could list, but those are my five for now. What are yours?

No comments: