Monday, December 1, 2008

Eighteen Days

Where the hell did the time go? One year ago today I had my audition for Berklee, and now I'm eighteen days away from the end of my first semester. How the hell did that happen?? A year ago I had plans to come here, get a band together in a matter of days, start gigging around Boston, and see where it could bring me. I still fully intend on doing that, just not yet. There's not enough time right now to do that. Everybody has a shit ton of work to do, and with finals two weeks away, there's little to no time at all to start rehearsing.

I'm not complaining at all. I had to ease into my first semester. It was my transition period. Now next semester's a whole different ball game. I will get a band together, and we will play out, and maybe (hopefully) record a demo. I can't wait. My entire break is going to be devoted to writing songs and playing guitar. At the moment, I have very little time to focus purely on the songs. I have way too much other stuff going on to write songs at the level I want to. In eighteen days I will, though. And I will take full advantage of it.

I'm really looking forward to the future. Big time. A lot of stuff is going to happen. Just wait. Just you wait. I know it's hard, but trust me, it's worth it. I'll make sure of that.

No comments: