Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Last Hurrah

I'm going to have to take a break from blogging/Facebooking/Twittering until next week. It's finals time, and I need to focus my energy on studying, at least until next Wednesday.

Last night I went to the Battle of the B.E.A.T at Bill's Bar (talk about alliteration). I don't know who ended up winning, I only stayed for the first three acts (thanks, finals). I really only went for the second two acts: Jonathan Carr and Brian Dunne. Both Berklee students, both extremely talented. Both put on a great show. I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing, but there was (and still is) work to be done.

So from the looks of it, if I get an A- on my Ear Training final, then I'll end up with a B in the class. And if my math is correct, then I'll end up with a GPA of at least 3.4 for the semester. It could be anywhere from a 3.4 to a 3.7. If it weren't for Ear Training, it could be a 3.9. One of my goals for next semester is to get all A's. Not that it wasn't a goal this semester, but now that I know what to expect, I'll be able to hit the ground running--in more than one area.

I'm thinking about my dictation final in Ear Training tomorrow, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared shitless about it. If it weren't for dictation, I would have an A, guaranteed. Just thinking about makes me nervous. I really want to do well on it. I have to in order to get an A overall on the final. Ahhhh! Haha, I'm..I don't even know. I would really like my finals to be done. I'm cutting myself some slack because it's my first semester here and that somehow justifies it for me. It's a learning experience. It definitely is a learning experience.

I can't wait for the break for several reasons. Here's a list:

--I get to celebrate the end of the semester with some of my favorite people at my cousin's wedding in DC. I'll also get to sit in with the wedding band, hopefully.

--I have tons of ideas that need to be songs, and I have tons of songs that need to be finished. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to write right now.

--I get to see all my friends for real this time. I've seen most of them, but there are a couple that I have not, and that needs to be fixed.

--I also get to see Bob, but that's a given. It is still worth mentioning.

--The cruise. I can't wait for the cruise. It will be epic, and I can gamble!

--I'll be able to play guitar and not feel bad about not practicing what I should be practicing. I'll also get to jam with people that I haven't played with in a long, long time.

--CRANIUM!!!

--U2 will probably announce their tour to support their album due out later this year.

--Mantis Christmas Eve. Yes, it is ON! Liz almost cancelled, but then realized that she really didn't want to, and her children would have been devestated. Plus it's always hilarious.

--Second semester will be closer to beginning. I'm really looking forward to next semester. It will be a semester of epic proportions (inside joke, but I couldn't resist).


I could keep going, but that's enough. As you can see, I have a lot to look forward to.

Well, I have class in ten minutes. Then it's work, a few errands, more work, and a little TV for the night.

Wish me luck!

No comments: