Sunday, November 9, 2008

Seventeen

Seventeen is a magic number. In seventeen days I will be home for Thanksgiving, which means I have seventeen days to get as much done here as humanly possible. I plan on getting as much practice time in, as well as doing as much as I can in my College Writing and Ear Training classes (I have a syllabus in each class), and working out as much as possible. All while maintaining somewhat of a social life. I want to have a work-free Thanksgiving break. Or at least as work-free as possible. I also need to lose some weight I have recently gained. I don't care about my actual weight (muscle weighs more than fat anyway), I care about how I feel. Right now I don't feel as good as I could physically. Exercise is good for more than just fat-burning/muscle-gaining, too. It's a stress-reliever, and it helps you sleep better (and I'm sure I'm not the only one that could use a better night's sleep). If I may quote Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon in "Legally Blonde"), "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands." So true, Elle. So true.

That being said, I better get to work. There's a lot to do between now and November 26th.

No comments: