Thursday, August 7, 2008

My European Adventure! Day One: Dublin

At last, I am here. After much to do (flight cancelation, endless check it and security lines, etc...) I'm in the land of half of my roots. Dublin is not a city in the way I think of a city. There are virtually no skyscrapers, the streets are wicked small, and there's a pub every five feet (no lie). It's still cool, though. It doesn't have the hustle and bustle that American cities do. It's not beautiful in the same way that Paris and London are. It's got its own identitiy that I think it is very proud of.

The plane ride was..well, who honestly enjoys transatlantic flights? Not me. It was fine. Small layover in Heathrow was the same: fine. We landed in Dublin around 10:15 AM I believe. We took a taxi to our hotel, dropped off our bags and then had something to eat. After brunch (I would call it brunch. I had pancakes at lunchtime), we returned to our hotel and took a nap. I slept a good two hours, although it didn't do me much good (I was still exhausted). I took a nice, long, hot shower, and that made me feel a bit better.

We went to a wicked good restaurant called One Pico. It was excellent.

We walked back to our hotel and that was that. My body has no idea what's going on. Should I be tired? Should I be awake? I don't know. It's 5:45 PM back in Maine, and it's 10:45 PM here. I don't know what to do!

No comments: