Monday, August 4, 2008

21 Hours And Counting

I have been awake for almost 24 hours. For almost an entire day, I have not slept a minute. I don't know why, I just couldn't get to sleep last night. I went up to bed around 1:30 AM, and just..couldn't. It was weird. Around four in the morning, I was in a really weird state of mind. I would have told you anything you wanted. I don't have any secrets that I can think of anyway, but if I did, I would have told them all to you without even caring. My guard was down completely. That's a weird feeling. Everyone has a guard, myself included. I was vulnerable, but there wasn't anybody around so it didn't really matter.

I still find it hard to believe I'm awake. And on top of it all, I wrote a pretty decent song last night and I went for a run at 5:30 this morning! That is unheard of for me. I was running with the sunrise. I saw it on my way back and it really gave me a boost of energy. It was a really cool sight to see. I hung around outside for a good hour after my run. Partly because I didn't want to open the garage door and wake my parents up (they aren't up yet), but mainly because it was such a cool morning and I just wanted to take it in.

Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: