Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Raining

It's raining right now. I'm not a huge fan of rain, or of any precipitation for that matter. I prefer sunshine. Rain puts me in a weird mood. Indifferent is probably the best way to describe it.

School's going by pretty quickly which is great. I can't wait for summer! And then Berklee!! I'm going to several concerts this summer--including BILLY JOEL and BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN! I can't tell you how excited I am! I've never seen Billy Joel. I saw Bruce this past November in Boston. He was awesome, but I know he'll be better in the summer. The concert's at Gillette Stadium, and Bruce is much more powerful in front of 60,000 people than he is in front of 16,000. If John Mayer comes around..man, it'll be the best summer ever. I'll also be taking a two-week trip to Europe in August. Like I said, it's going to be an amazing summer.

I have a band now. After three years of trying to get a solid band together, I think I finally have one. It's made up of myself and three good friends. I play guitar and sing, Matt plays guitar, sings, plays piano and drums, Josh plays bass, and Nate drums, plays guitar, and sings. I've got a good feeling about this. Three out of four of us are going to music school. I think that's pretty cool.

In other news, the Red Sox are 3-1 and we're playing the Blue Jays tonight. I don't think the Jays are any better than last year. They didn't make any big moves in the off-season. They always play tough against the Sox though...It'll be good.

Prom is just around the corner, or according to most people it is. It's a month away, give or take. I am going. I have a date and a dress and a hair appointment and an after-party to attend to. But I don't even know if I want to go. At the moment I don't really feel like it. It's a glorified, overly-expensive high school dance. Yes, I know in a little while I'll be excited for Prom, but as of right now I am not. I'd rather spend the night in dirty ol' jeans and hoodie with my hair up in a messy pony tail playing guitar. That's the difference between me and most people. Give me a guitar, and I'm happy. Give me a baseball game, I'm happy. It doesn't take much.

I know I'm not really weird, but I'm not exactly normal. It's hard for me to just like something. I have to go in all the way. There are some things I simply 'like,' but they are few and far between. I'm very passionate. Actually, I probably passed passionate a few miles ago. People that barely know me could tell you my two favorite things (excluding friends and family, of course), and they are music and the Red Sox (well, baseball in general). And for those of you that didn't know that, now you do.

That about does it, and I need to make a phone call.

No comments: