Sunday, November 29, 2009

Welcome To Crunch Time

With only three weeks left in the semester, it seems that everyone I know (including people that don't go to Berklee) is feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and unprepared. Emotionally, mentally, and physically. I know I definitely fall into a few of those categories. I usually have everything all together, and while nothing is out of control, I'm on the brink of losing all control.

All of my friends feel the same way, too. None of us wanted to go back to school. We wanted to skip over Thanksgiving and have it be Christmas (just like the department stores). Where did our drive go? More specifically, where did my drive go? I can't remember ever being this lackadaisical. My MO is to be on the ball, and my energy level is typically off the scale. At the moment I am no where near the ball and my energy level is low. My low is probably normal for some people, and if that is the case, then I don't know how they function. I'm struggling with this, and I still have a thousand words left to write for my article.

Speaking of my article...The amount of work I have to do within the next 18 days makes me exhausted just thinking about it. It came out of no where. Well, not really. It just seems like it did. I had this grandiose idea that I would get nearly all of it done either before or during my all but too brief Thanksgiving break. That didn't happen. So now I have no choice but to do it all now, and avoid death in the process.

So it's back to work for me and for everyone else for the next three weeks. Then we can go home and relax for a bit until the whole cycle starts all over again.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I now realize why I was so tired: mono.