Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Been A Looong Time

I think this may be the longest I've gone without blogging. I've had what I call IBS--Irregular Blogging Syndrome--and I apologize for it. To be honest the only reason I'm writing right now is because I don't have the will power to do anything else. That's not say I don't enjoy blogging, I do. But I've either caught a horrendous cold or contracted a sinus infection. Either way, it's not fun.

I'll tell you what is fun, though. School. I have a great schedule this semester (no classes on Friday!), and I'm a Peer Advisor. What is a Peer Advisor? Well, a Peer Advisor is a third-semester or higher student that acts as a mentor/friend to a group of incoming freshmen. I was fortunate enough to be selected to do this. Am I qualified? I'm not entirely sure. Has it been fun? Fun doesn't even begin to describe it. I've met some of the most amazing people through the program, had an absolute blast on the retreat-like thing earlier in the month, and I have a great group of kids. Oh, and I get paid for all of it.

I really like my new guitar teacher, Scotty Johnson. Today we jammed and basically traded licks and riffs for half an hour. He's really encouraging and energetic and we get along really well. My other teachers are all great, too.

I think the best part about being back is seeing all my friends. I haven't jammed with any of them yet. That's gonna change. I don't have a band yet. That's also gonna change. I'm working on changing a lot of things in my life. All good things. It's going to be a great semester/year. I can feel it.

I thought I had more in me, but I'm giving up and going to bed. I refuse to be sick; I'm going to the Red Sox for Christ's sake (reference to a movie. Name it).

I'll write/share more later.

No comments: